Leaving Fat Fashion Behind For Good
Whatever your perception of yourself, let’s be clear…
- You are an individual with value and a story. If you are heavy or losing weight, the best thing you can do for yourself is to LOOK GOOD NOW! You are worth it.
- You are more beautiful or more handsome than you think you are. You have assets that you can and should honor.
It’s extraordinarily hard to know what to wear at the best of times.
There are so many choices, not enough choices, fashion houses telling us what we should wear, models making us feel bad about what we do wear, people who don’t care what they wear… But in the final analysis there is one true statement about all of us. “We have to wear clothes!” This is reality – every day.
How many hours have been lost pondering the contents of the closet, only to finally get dressed, look in the mirror and feel… totally flat and blah about the person peering back at us? While occasionally we will feel good about the person in the mirror, most of the time “it’ll do” is as good as it gets. This is especially hard for people who have struggled with their weight. Does the tent-style sweater really cover it all up, or the lycra suck it all in? What if you have lost weight and have issues with loose skin? What do you do with your wardrobe while you’re in the process of losing weight? And what is your shape once you’ve lost it all? You may be looking at changing the shopping habits of a lifetime, and really have no idea where to start.
When I Met Pat
When I met Pat, (co-host of honor-me.com), he was 2.5 years past his 180lb weight loss. He loved being skinny, but he had no idea how to dress his new shape.
- He loved being able to buy anything at regular stores – and so he did.
- He loved being able to get into a men’s size small, even if it was a squeeze – and so he did.
- He loved being able to buy the same thing in 6 colors – and so he did.
What he didn’t know was
- Not all shapes and styles and colors work for everyone. Only a fraction of the options out there will work for him personally. There is no such thing as “one size (color, style, shape) fits all”.
- How to honor himself from the inside out. Who was Pat on the inside? How did this correlate with how he presented himself on the outside?
We will talk about many of things in more detail through blog posts and other offerings on this site. For Chicago area residents, I also offer a personal wardrobe analysis service that will revolutionize your wardrobe…but most importantly, help you to change the way you think about yourself and shopping for clothes. I also offer seminars and speaking engagements for groups.
Sign up on the right for notification of new blog posts and members-only posts that will assist you in finding the right ways to honor YOU.
Leaving Fat Fashion Behind – Get In Touch!
We will talk about many of things in more detail through blog posts and other offerings on this site. You can sign up to receive these by filling in the form on the right hand side of this page.
For Chicago area residents, I also offer a personal wardrobe analysis service that will revolutionize your wardrobe…and most importantly, the way you think about yourself and shopping for clothes. I also offer seminars and speaking engagements for groups. You can find out more on the Personalized Service page or contact me to find out more about I offer and find out more information about my expertise at www.houseofcolour.com/amandwelsby
Finally, check out Pat’s blog – chances are he’s been exactly where you are in your own weightloss journey, and felt many of the things you have. Part of the value in his journey is his wish to support others. By joining us, you will be doing the same. That is part of the intrinsic value that you and your story holds!